my E True Hollywood Story 🤣
I mean… My About Page!
When I was a little girl, I became fascinated with my grandmother’s books. I spent hours reading stories of distant kingdoms, mystical animals and thrilling adventures. So naturally, I dreamt of traveling the world, and discovering all its wonders.
But you see, I come from a middle-class home, raised by retired grandparents and a mom who bust her 🍑 to get her 3 kids through private schools. So its safe to say that traveling to distant & exotic locations was off the table.
Then, life started happening, and with time I had to endure some difficult moments. The death of my grandfather, being abandoned, having to work at a young age, losing myself, heartbreak, experiencing sexual assault, and even becoming a young mom. And with all that, my genuine self, my freedom, and my dreams of traveling the world. 🌧
By the time my son was born, I was so used to changing who I was to adapt, fit in, and survive, that I no longer remembered what I really wanted. But what I did know is I didn’t want the life I was living.
So I left my abusive partner and decided to start again from scratch.⚡️
After starting from the bottom, I shortly began working with brands like Lenovo and Lionsgate. Until finally, one day, I landed THE dream job 😎!
I was getting paid to market a hip brand, travel, and meet people from around the world. Plus, I was able to get ourselves a beautiful apartment, had a love partner, and lived a seemingly perfect life. But despite having checked most of the “SUCCESS” boxes, a part of me felt empty, unfulfilled, like something was missing.
An opportunity came knocking to our door, and I decided to quit my job and move abroad to travel the world with my 9-year-old son and my new husband (DING! another box checked) 💍.
We were living the dream, you know, traveling to the exotic places I dreamt of as a kid and taking my son to experience it with me. But suddenly, it became a horrible nightmare. My partner fell back into alcoholism & ended up becoming domestically violent to a point where we had to run away from that (quite literally).
There, when I had lost all hope, felt heartbroken, alone in a foreign country, I made a decision.
Instead of shutting down, hiding my story, and feeling ashamed for what happened, I decided to own it, tell it myself and let go of the fear of judgment.
So I publicly shared this vulnerable moment online, and what happened next was incredible. People I had never met contacting me because they felt inspired by my story, strangers were offering their help and others, praising my courage.
It was at that moment, when I embraced my whole self, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and decided to show up as my real & vulnerable self, that I finally found the missing piece I longed for: A Purpose✨.
You see, when you take control of the story, you tell yourself (and the world) everything CHANGES! I got tired of being the failure, the one who struggled, the VICTIM.
I took control and transformed pain into purpose. And now I get to do something I love, empowering other women to rewrite and share theirs too♥️. You too can live more freely and create the life/impact you envision for yourself.
I’m happy to say that I’m grateful for it all, cause in the end, I’m living a life filled with love, meaning, and purpose.🌈
you should know about me:
1. I’m a proud costarrican, raising an incredible 12-year-old boy 👩👦 #sidekick
2. I’m a Yoga Instructor, a Female Breakthrough Coach and an Akashic Reader (Just the right amount of Woo)🧘🏼♀️
3. Cooking is my hidden talent (and may I say deliciously #humblebrag 💁🏼♀️)
4. I’ve spent + than 10 years investing in my personal development and trying out different healing techniques, only to discovered that embracing our uniqueness, healing our stories and sharing our experiences with others is key to becoming our happiest selves 🥰
5. I think I’m allergic to lactose, but I’m still not ready to let pizza go 🤣
6. Before 🦠, Santi & I used to travel a lot! (Been to +20 countries & still counting) ✈️
7. As a kid, I used to wander alone, climb trees, read a lot of books, dance in front of the TV 💃🏼,, and memorize all the lines from my favorite movies. Not to mention giving my Barbies an “Extreme Makeover” 💇♀️. But hey, let’s not remind my mom of that cause she’s still angry about that…
8. I’m a total geek! From Star Wars to Superheroes, Harry Potter and GOT… I simply love a good ol story 🦹🏼♀️
9. I can spend HOURS watching funny cat videos on IG, and memes (I can’t get enough 😹)
10. I love life, and even though I’ve had some rough patches, I can’t help but laugh my way through life 🌈